Tuesday, April 20, 2010

House update!!

Hello Family!!!

Last weekend, Robert and I fixed the wall in our kitchen. When we moved in it had wood paneling on the lower half and some wallpaper on the upper half. We took the paneling down at our 70's party and the wallpaper was removed by two fantastic parents and a very helpful steamer!!

We put 2 coats of mud on the wall (I had to do it all because Robert said I had an "artistic eye for it"), primed it and put 2 coats of paint on it. We weren't totally happy with it so we had to do the whole process again but now we love it... especially the COLOR!! Here is a before (after the paneling and wallpaper were removed) and the after:



You also may remember that we tore down the wall dividing our kitchen and living room to make a pantry. The wall has been reframed for the pantry and the electrician is coming Saturday to install the lights and outlet. Here is a picture of the framed pantry from both sides. You can see on the floor and ceiling where the wall use to be.




MY LAST DAY OF SCHOOL IS ONE MONTH FROM TODAY!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. love it!!! I have done some "renovations" to my home too... Ill post pics soon.. I have to find my camera cord first...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's in your purse. But I think you knew that.

    Congrats Megan. It looks great. Can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it! Can't wait to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete