Sunday, August 29, 2010

Random Reynolds

Here are some updates:

School: The title of this post refers to the new nickname my students have given me because I randomly break out into song. I'm teaching 2 blocks of Intro and 1 block of Pottery this quarter. All of my classes are pretty good. I have a freshmen homeroom. Freshmen are weird.

Volleyball: Volleyball is good. Varsity's first game is Friday, Reserves is next Tuesday. One of the girls on varsity had to get her appendix removed on Friday. She was telling us about it on Saturday and said that the doctor had to put a ballon up her butt to do some kind of test. After she told us this another volleyball player said, "I didn't know your appendix was in your butt hole?!"

House: I'm currently in the process of painting all of the trim white. It sucks a lot! I've got the guest room all done but am lacking the motivation to start the office. I have a feeling this is going to be a pretty long process.

Bodies: Yesterday Robert, my co-worker Stacey and I went to Omaha to see the Bodies Exhibit. It was pretty cool/creepy/interesting/scary/gross/thought provoking. There was one body set up to look like he was throwing a baseball. He was left handed but was stepping with his left foot. I feel like if you take a year to strip down a body for an exhibit like that you could take a few minutes to google "left handed pitcher" and make sure the form is right. At the end of the exhibit there was a gift shop. There was a lady working in the gift shop and was talking to a group of people. She asked them how many bones were in a woman's body. When they didn't know she said, "the same amount as a man's body." Robert looked at her and said (wearing shorts), "how many bones are in my body?" The lady looked at him, paused for a second and awkwardly said, "zero" then changed the subject. It was pretty funny.

Deal of the century!!: For a while now I've been stalking this duvet cover from Anthropology. It was originally over $300. I found it on ebay for $160. I almost bought it on Friday night but decided to wait because there was still a few days left before the bidding was over. Yesterday after Bodies we went shopping a bit and decided to stop by Anthropology. In the clearance bin I found the exact duvet cover I had been stalking in the exact size that I needed!!!! And the best part..... it was only $69.99!!! I'm so excited!!!!

Shooting: About 10 minutes after we left the mall there was a shooting there. I guess a shoplifter ran over a cop in the parking lot and then the shoplifter got shot or something like that. Kinda crazy!

Wedding: Only 104 days until the wedding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment