Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter with Megan and Robert

About a month ago Robert sent me a message on Facebook asking if I would be interested in coming to David City for Easter. I agreed and immediately was excited to surprise Megan when I showed up on her doorstep.

Fast forward a month

I left Manhattan and headed north. The Kansas part of the drive is great because it is the Flint Hills, and I am a sucker for the Flint Hills. Once I entered Nebraska, the only thing that willed me to go on was knowing I was going to see Megan, Robert, Tramp, and Wigglewert. After that painful drive I pulled up to Megan and Robert's house, but was called over to talk to their crazy neighbor. After realizing that you literally can't communicate with him I left and went to the door. Megan saw me through the window and freaked out. I successfully surprised here (high five to Robert). After the grand tour of the gorgeous home, Megan and I waited for Robert to come home.

Friday night, we all went to the thriving metropolis of Columbus Nebraska. I saw her school and we ate at a place that looks like it was modeled after the 70's. Columbus is pretty great!

Saturday we went to Lincoln and returned stuff/shopped. It was thrilling! We also went to the movie Arthur. I came in with low expectations and wasn't disappointed. Then we came home and watched a movie. Overall a great day!

Sunday I woke up to Megan cooking breakfast. It was delicious! Then she surprised Robert and I with hidden easter baskets! Mine had mac and cheese, dove chocolate, and a 2 liter of diet dr. pepper. It was great! She found some good hiding spots for next year...

Overall, I had a great time in Nebraska. No crazy stories, just a great time with part of the family!

2 comments:

  1. Crazy stories will be apart of next years celebration when we can both go out and get CRAZY!!! I miss booze :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara and I tried to lift booze's spirits Saturday night because it misses you too.

    ReplyDelete